Madrid is a very beautiful city, that completely took my breathe away! As the person, who lived in Barcelona for four years and was convinced that there is no better city in Spain, I must admit – I liked Madrid a lot and therefore I decided to create a mini-guide, which will introduce you to the best places to visit there.
- II Castillas – Three stars hotel, located in the city centre. I highly recommend to stay there if you are traveling with low budget as prices are very welcoming. The staff there is very helpful and friendly, the rooms are clean and comfortable. The biggest advantage of the hotel is its location – all the bars, restaurants and shops are two minutes away.
- Angelita – Bar & Restaurant, also located in the city centre. It is very famous for it’s exclusive cocktails, cozy atmosphere, friendly bar tenders and the most delicious tacos. Nice background music, dull lights and Spanish spirit make you never want to leave. My “must try” dish are the tacos with beef and mango – extraordinary. I suggest to make a reservation, as this place is usually very full.
- Habanera – Absolutely breathtaking place! It’s for sure a “must try”. In my opinion, Habanera is one of the best restaurants in Madrid. The place is very thought through – the hostess gives you a very warm welcoming and helps you find the best table and the kindest waiters help you pick the most delicious dish based on your food preference. Very stylish design – this place is amazing for bloggers and all the fashionistas who love taking pictures. The are a lot of palm trees, windows and beautiful mirrors made in the style of 70s. The restaurant offers multiple menus, depending on the time of the day; also, you should ask for the smoothies menu – THE BEST!
- Azotea del Circulo – Very beautiful rooftop, which every tourist needs to visit. In order to go up, you must pay 4 euros. On top you will find several cafes, which offer refreshing cocktails during summer and warm tea during winter. Don’t forget your camera! The most extraordinary shots with the breathtaking view are guaranteed.
- Platea – Very touristic house, which consists of five floors with many bars and restaurants – tasty food, nice drinks, cool design and music. There are also a lot of acrobatic performances on the daily basis, which are worth checking out.
If you have ever been to Madrid, feel free to share in comments your favourite places there.